First and foremost, I would like you to know that committing to a Tuesday, Friday schedule is just something I can’t do right now because of what I plan for 2017. That being said, I will try to stick to a twice a week posting and will notify via facebook when my posts do come up. I’m really focused on trying to come up with better content but also better pictures and that’s the part that takes up alot of time. So I apologize in advance for my shortcomings but hoping you still enjoy the blog anyway.
Folks, its January and you know it’s that time for resolutions. Did we make the usual list; lose weight, eat healthy, organize our stuff and save money? Well, here’s an idea that can target the last two, buy less stuff. Looking around, we live a life full of plenty. We have so much that we barely ever even use it all. So part of organizing comes with decluttering and buying less helps us to have less to go through. Naturally buying less also saves us money. Win, win. My 2017 goal is to use what we have instead of going out to buy what I think I need which ends up living in my house, untouched.
- Colored Makeup. So this includes all makeup that is colored, eyeshadow, blushes, lipsticks, etc. I’m also throwing in highlighter and contour. Hitting VIB Rouge status at Sephora 2 years in a row is starting to scare me and I realize now that although I like experimenting with makeup, I really do have the same go-to looks that I don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a year.
- Toys and Games. Really, Mamabun?! you have two buns that you’re not buying them toys or games? To be honest, I rolled my eyes at myself when I made this resolution, but something has to be done. You see, what you don’t know about my buns is they act like rockstars. They would completely trash their rooms with toys and would cry they can’t clean it up. Every time I think of that I cringe and decided that they don’t need anymore toys.
- Games. And well, games, you know.. good uncles and aunts spoil them and buy them games they never get to play with because they are too busy acting like rockstars.
- Books. The importance of books is to read them, not keep them around to feel intelligent. This year, we plan to read every single book in our collection. I buy with purpose, but when there is so much, I forget what I have. I already sorted them out to: Phonic Readers, Reference, Story Time, Science and Seasonal.
- Planner stuff. I’m completely addicted to planning and realize that I spend more time planning than doing. I bought stickers and washi tape and it just began to be too time consuming. It was fun, but sticking to just a to-do list with a reasonable amount of time to do it helps me get more things done.
Well, that’s my list for 2017, I’m sure I should put bags and shoes somewhere in there, but I’m not going to. Life is too short, buy what you need and love what you have. Until next time.. Happy Growing!!