Alright, so how many of us has decided to lose weight, but haven’t done a thing about it. I’m not the best at dieting, and probably couldn’t even lose 5 lbs, but at least I want to start somewhere. So I’m starting with some guidelines. No to starving oneself and no to starting strong and then deciding suddenly ice cream looks mighty good. A diet should be a lifestyle change, not some fad that’s trendy right now. I’ll be trying these myself and let you know the progress, but in the meantime give it a go yourself.
- Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. I’m going to hold myself to this. I find drinking water lets me eat less solids and still feel full. I also feel that having a hydrated body makes me feel better overall. I’ve never been able to have that many in a day, but this month, I will drink 8 cups of water a day.
- Don’t eat after 7pm. With crazy schedules, I know this may not always be feasibly, but we are going to try. Eating so late doesn’t help me because all I do at night time is do homework with my kids, make dinner and go to sleep. There’s no time for my body to use what I ate, therefore the food just turns into fat in my body. Ever hear the saying, eat like a king for breakfast, a commoner at lunch and a peasant at dinner? That will be me!
- Eat plenty of raw foods. I’ll be the first to tell you that I am not a fan of cold food. I find that recently snacking on raw foods that although I get hungry real fast, my body feels more satisfied when I’m eating healthy. I do eat more often, but I know what I put in my body is good for me.
- Work on a Meal Plan. Papa bun and I always fight over this. We know we should do one, but we never do. It helps us, so this month, we are buckling down and doing it. If you don’t get a meal plan near the end of the month, I will at least record what I have eaten and post it. It’s scary, but at least I know whether I’m actually eating garbage or not.
- Eat less White Rice. This is a major weakness for me. So this month, I’m going to eat less white rice. I don’t think I can give it up completely, but I’m giving it a try. To me, white rice is very yummy filler. I’m replacing it with quinoa or whole wheat pasta. Again, we’ll see if this is a complete fail by the end of the month.
So there you have it, my goals for February. Wish me luck!!
Until next time, Happy Eating!